The University of Wisconsin–Madison Arboretum, (5 km2), is an arboretum operated by the University of Wisconsin–Madison and located at 1207 Seminole Highway, Madison, Wisconsin. The arboretum is open to the public daily without charge. The arboretum was established in the early 1930s on farmland fields and pastures, when the university decided to re-establish natural landscapes upon the site. From 1935 to 1941 crews from the Civilian Conservation Corps provided most of the labor to accomplish this task. Today the arboretum describes its collection of restored ecosystems as not only the oldest but also the most extensive in the United States.